Our operation process consists of the ten basic steps in delivering a turnkey, fully developed wind project that is ready for construction.
- Site selection: Choosing a site that has the most attractive wind, accessibility, terrain exposure, and transmission line access.
- Lease agreements: Negotiating an agreement that is financially viable for all parties.
- Wind assessment: Installing meteorological towers and evaluating the wind data collected.
- Environmental review: Evaluating the projectís impact on wild life in the area.
- Economic modeling: Evaluating the installation, operation and maintenance cost as it relates to the income generated by power production.
- Interconnection studies: The power grid operators evaluate the peak and off peak load capacity at the transmission line interconnect point.
- Permitting: Acquiring the necessary permits for the development, and construction of the project.
- Sales agreements: Acquiring a power purchase agreement with one or more off takers.
- Interconnection agreement: Acquiring an agreement to interconnect to the power grid.
- Financing: Acquiring the investors that are willing to finance the projectís construction.
Westerly Wind Sells Texas Wind Project to First Wind
- First Wind purchases large wind farm development project from Westerly Wind and its development partner, Big Sky Wind Energy.
View full Press Release here.
Big Sky Wind Energy LLC
11200 Indian Hill Road
Amarillo, TX 79124
**The above logos and trademarks are copyrighted and are property of their respective owners.